We are licensed to operate and use the website located at www.worktank.co and all websites with the prefix www.worktank.co (the “Website”).
We comply with the Privacy Act as a matter of best practice.
How we use Personal Information
- We collect, use and share Personal Information where reasonably necessary for the proper function of the Website and to help us run our Business effectively, including for the following purposes:
- To understand usage trends and patterns and improve Users’ overall experience of the Website;
- To fix problems and respond to feedback, enquiries and complaints;
- To enforce any agreements between a User and us, such as the Membership Terms and Conditions or the Website Terms;
To allow us to run our Business and perform administrative and operational tasks.
- The Privacy Act caters for particular situations called “permitted general situations” where we may be required to disclose your Personal Information outside of the purposes listed above, such as to lessen or prevent a serious threat to public health or safety, or to assist in locating missing people. Other laws, or a court, might also legally compel us to disclose Personal Information.
- We may also use Personal Information to directly respond to your enquiries, notify you of new developments to the Website, and/or offer you new products and services. By using the Website, you consent to receiving such marketing communications. In delivering such communications, we may contact you via e-mail or any other means nominated by you. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us.
- We take no responsibility for the privacy practices of any third parties that we may link to on the Website. All third parties will handle your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy practices and policies. Other sharing of your Personal Information
- From time to time, it may be necessary for us to share your Personal Information with third parties in order for you to make full use of our Website, such as where we use a third party software service provider to receive and manage enquiries or otherwise operate our Business. The third parties we use may be based overseas (for example, if we use a third-party software service provider which is based in the United States).
- We will take reasonable measures to see that any third parties will respect your privacy in line with the Privacy Act or its international equivalent. How we store Personal Information
- We may store Personal Information in a variety of ways, including in the cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. In particular, our members should be aware that their billing and payment information will be retained on file (including through accounting software and electronic databases) to enable us to process payments, as further detailed in our Membership Terms and Conditions. We may store and make back-up copies of Personal Information to ensure that we are able to recover information if our systems experience a fault or outage.
- We take the security and safety of Personal Information seriously. We will take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your use of the Website will be free from viruses, surveillance or interception. Changing our Business
- You can ask us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. You do not need a reason for asking, but we may charge you our reasonable expenses for preparing and sending you a copy of that Personal Information. We will try to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- If agreeing to your request would be unlawful or have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, or if the information is commercially sensitive or your request is frivolous or vexatious, we may not give you the Personal Information requested.
- We will take reasonable steps to see that the Personal Information we collect and store about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. To assist us, please ensure you provide us with your correct details, and let us know if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If you believe the Personal Information collected or used by us or a third party is false or inaccurate, you have a right to have this information corrected. We will endeavour to correct this information within reasonable time, at no expense to you.
- Please email us with any requests for access or correction. We may need to verify your identity when you request your Personal Information.
- If you have any questions about how we handle Personal Information or if you would like to access or correct any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at any time by emailing us.
- For further information on online privacy rights, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission at oaic.gov.au/privacy.